Year 6 Transition to Pembroke
Every year we are delighted to welcome new students as they join us at Pembroke Academy and become part of the Pembroke community. Reuben, a Year 7 student, would like to introduce you to our Academy. * (Video created for summer 2020)
We understand that the transition process from primary to secondary education can be a daunting experience. We want to reassure you that we will assist you in any way we can to ensure all students arrive excited and fully informed about the next chapter of their education.
The film below, produced in summer 2020, will allow you and your child to see a tour of the school along with introductions from Mr Evans and Senior staff, your child’s Head of Year, Mr Brewer and several members of the 2020 year 7 Tutor team. You can watch this as many times as you wish in order to familiarise your child with the site before they arrive in September. To accompany this virtual tour we have also created a map and photo guide which can be printed to use at home. Note - The tutor team for September 2021 will be shared directly with parents near the end of term.
On receipt of you accepting your place at Pembroke Academy, you received an ‘Admissions Pack’, which included a letter along with pack of administrative documents. Please ensure that those documents are completed in full and sent back to Mrs Garner as soon as possible. These include the Student entry form, Photography & Videos consent form and the Pupils Privacy Notice.
In regards to the Pembroke Academy uniform, all the information you require is available in the box to the left, and the staff at Uniform Direct will also be more than happy to help you with any queries as the Lincoln High Street store will be open in line with Government guidelines.
The next stages of the virtual transition process are as follows. Please follow the links to download videos and documents to support you and your child as they prepare to join Pembroke Academy in September 2021:
- Transition Challenges These include things like: Getting fully dressed in 5 minutes or less, tying your tie and working out change from your dinner money etc. These are all key skills which will aid you in your daily life at Pembroke. We will post these on our school Twitter and Facebook page as well as send them in the mail, and you can download a copy by clicking on the title.
- Staff Q&A We hope to be able to visit your child at their primary school by July to answer any questions they may have and to talk to them further about life at Pembroke. If this can’t be in person then we will endeavour to do this online too, where you and your child can share any concerns with us and have someone to put minds at rest.
- Parent & Carer information evening. This will take place virtually through Teams. We are planning to run duplicate event on Thursday 8th July 2021. A letter will be sent with further details in the coming weeks. These evenings are to provide you with key details ahead of the start of the new academic year. Further details will be sent to all parents and carers.
- SEN needs – The SEND team are liaising with primary schools to discuss individual student needs. If you have any specific questions or would wish to discuss your child in more detail, please email pembrokeSEND@prioryacademies.co.uk
- Early September – we will be holding a Year 7 Meet the Tutor and Expectations Evening in the first two weeks of the September term. This will be dependent on Government guidelines when issued and we will inform you closer to the date with whether or not this will go ahead as proposed or changed to a virtual event. You will also receive your copy of "Skellig" by David Almond , which will be yours to keep and read when you start at Pembroke. It will also be the book that your first Art project is based on.
Please can I assure you that we will do all we can to make the transition process for your child from primary to secondary education as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We have an incredible team of staff who help with the transition process, who will soon be at your disposal for support. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any urgent guidance.
Miss C. Neal Mr C Brewer Mrs S Warnock
Assistant Headteacher Head of Lower School Assistant Headteacher & SENDCo