Welcome back to school! We are pleased to see all students back in school for the new academic year. We understand that there will be circumstances when you may need to self-isolate for a short period of time, and so home learning will be available throughout this module. Tasks will be made available to students through Sharepoint. BBC Bitesize Daily and Oak National Academy will continue to make online learning opportunities available to all students to supplement the work set by your teachers.
You will need to plan your time carefully to make sure you are able to complete the work set. Please complete the task set by the subjects you have on your timetable each day; so if you have Maths, History, Science, Art and Music on Monday, they would be the focus of your work for that day. We also recommend that you read every day; a comic, a magazine, a chapter or a full book!
Please remember to share your home learning with your teachers. You should continue to demonstrate an excellent attitude to your learning through any period of self-isolation or local lockdown, by attempting all tasks to a good standard. If you have completed work please email it to your subject teacher using your school email account. A list of staff emails can be found in the Student Support area of Sharepoint. If it is not possible to email or you have completed tasks in your exercise book, please show your teacher when you are able to return to school.
‘Home Learning Help’ Discussion boards can be found in each subject area of Sharepoint. This will allow you to ask your subject teachers and classmates for help with any of the home learning tasks you have been set. The SMSC folder also contains a discussion board for each form group. This will allow you to keep in touch with each other. A guide to using the discussion boards can be found in the Student Support page on Sharepoint.
As we begin to consider the next steps in your education and training, especially in these unusual circumstances, we need to focus on the positives and see this as a good opportunity to prepare for your chosen course or career. Take control of your time and your future:
- Use the website of your chosen college or Sixth Form to find out about the courses you are interested in appling for. Look for reading lists or work that you can complete to get ready for the next stage of your journey in September.
- Access free online employability courses, links in the document attached, that you could add to your CV under 'Courses completed during CV Lockdown' and really impress future employers. These courses will
- Boost your employability and give you great updates for your CV.
- Help you improve your study skills in time for college.
- Support students applying for an apprenticeship for this September.
- Use the help and advice available on the Careers Sharepoint page, the Careers area of the Pembroke website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find the answer to your question there.